Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, popularly known as Ebony Reigns was a Ghanaian-born Dancehall Musician who died in a gory motor accident that occurred on the Sunyani-Kumasi road in the late hours of Thursday, Febraury 8, 2018.
According to report, particularly from the Police, Ebony Reigns and two others in a jeep, lost their lives on Thursday night, after their car collided with an oncoming VIP bus, when their driver tried to avoid a heap of sand in their lane.
The news of Ebony’s death has shocked Ghanaians as they could not come to terms with it, with many still not accepting the her sudden demised.
Ebony, before her death seemed to be full of youthful exuberance making her to give her best in entertaining music lovers on stage.
Official information from the late dancehall diva’s family reveals the final funeral rites and burial service for the late Ebony which will be held on March 24 at the forecourt of the State House in Accra.
Well, as time is fast approaching for the final funeral rites and burial of the late ‘Sponsor’ hit-maker,Nanansem.com brings you six (6) preparations that show Ghanaians are ready to mourn Ebony Reigns on 24th March.
1. Ebony’s Songs Gets Massive Airplay: Since the death of Ebony Reigns, almost all the media houses including Radio and Television stations are playing her songs. It is undeniable truth that the late Ebony’s songs are being played back to back on the airways. Songs like; Kupe, Poison, Sponsor, Maame Hwe and Aseda are enjoying massive air plays.
2. The Launch Of Ebony’s Customized Funeral Cloth: This is a clear indication that Ghanaians are ready to mourn her as GTP has produced customized cloths for her funeral and burial. These customized clothes are named after her songs; ‘Maame Hwe’ comes in two types while ‘Aseda’ is black and white.
3. Upcoming Foundation For Her By Management: Ruff Town Records, management label of the late dancehall singer has revealed plans to launch a foundation in the memory of her with purpose to educate drivers on the need for road safety and also to support accident victims.
4. Tribute song from MUSIGA: The Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture and the Ghana Music Rights Organisation (GHAMRO) to show their preparedness to mourn Ebony Reigns.
5. Tribute Concert and Night Vigil: Number five (5) reason why Ghanaians are really prepared to mourn the ‘Maame Hwe’ hit-maker is the organization of of a tribute and vigil concert. It’s going to be an all night affair to honour Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng.
6. Last Respect To Ebony Reigns: Come Saturday, 24th March 2018, Ghanaians will have the last opportunity to pay their last homage and respect to Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng a.k.a Ebony Reigns.